SELECT THREE below
- Name at least three ways of the Roman Coliseum reflected Roman culture. (Do not just provide a description of the Coliseum.)
2. Provide an analysis of the significance of stoicism in Roman culture AND the spread of the Roman Empire?
3. How does Roman art and architecture differ from Greek art and architecture? Provide at least 2 examples of Roman art AND 2 examples of Greek art with an analysis of how they compare to each other.
4. On the internet, find a copy and read Juvenal Against Women. What is he talking about? How is this an example of the new literary form of satire?
5. Look at Trajan’s Victory Column and the statue of Marcus Aurelius. How do these reflect the culture of the Romans?
6. Name at least TWO monumental Roman architectural works. How does monumental Roman architecture serve as propaganda for the Roman Empire?