What are some of the big picture ideas of Nosferatu? In other words, what are some themes present in the film? You don’t have to point to specific language for the movie (though you can) but still have an RIP (really important passage). This could mean talking about a particular character or scene or even elements of film such as camera angles or emphasis on scenery. Each student doesn’t have to find his/her own theme, but offer your own take and as many ideas as possible overall.
What are some suggestions for reforming the juvenile justice system? Discuss at least three major proposals for improving juvenile justice and why reforming a “broken system” may not work at all. Note the advantages and the disadvantages of each proposal. Which do you favor? Why?
NOTE: The initial post must contain at least 500 words. The response post may be one or more posts for a total of 500 words. Thus, you may compose one response post that is at least 500 words in length, or, you may compose more than one response post, so long as the aggregate total response posts contain more than 500 words.
- Chapters 10 – 15, Burning Down the House, The End of Juvenile Prison. Nell Bernstein
- Pew Center on the States: http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/
- The Center on Juvenile & Criminal Justice: http://www.cjcj.or
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention:http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org
- Chicago Defender Report: Criminal Justice System Unfair to Black Youth: http://www.chicagodefender.com/article-2037-report-criminal-justice-system-unfair-to-black-youth.html
Choose a specific film or television show as a case study and discuss the idea that film and television help shape criminal justice policy. Use specific examples from the film/television show to illustrate your points. Your paper should make explicit your perspectives on:
- how accurate the film/television show is in its portrayal of criminal justice policy
- crime myths perpetuated by the film/television show
- crime realities identified by the film/television show
- ways in which the film/television show’s portrayal of crime might affect public perception of risk in one’s daily life
- changes to the film/television show to improve the accuracy of its portrayal of criminal justice policy.
Your paper should be well-written, 4-6 pages in length, and formatted according to APA. Your paper should use at least three credible sources, including the original film or television show that you are analyzing.
1) Describe how your organization or an organization you are familiar with manages occupational safety and health. To what extent are executives and facility managers committed to the OSH effort, and to what extent are front-line employees involved? What level of effort is exerted to ensure that hazards are evaluated and controlled? Are there continuous improvement efforts in place? 200 wds
2) We have said that managers, supervisors, and employees all have individual responsibilities for safety and need to be held accountable. What, then, do you see as the role of safety professionals? How should they be held accountable? What has been your observation or experience in this regard as a safety professional or while dealing with safety professionals? 200 wds
3) Reflect on how your organization or an organization with which you are familiar identifies and analyzes hazards. Put the process in context by also describing what the organization does. Do you think the existing process is effective? How could you, as a safety professional, offer suggestions for improvement? 200 wds
4) What has been your experience with hazard controls? Does your organization use a decision hierarchy, or does it go right to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or training after identifying a hazard? How could your organization improve in this area? If you have no experience with hazard controls, provide an example of a hazard where you imagine starting at the bottom of the hierarchy would be the easiest path for management to take. How can we overcome this tendency? 200 wds
5) f you are a safety professional, reflect on ways in which you participate in design reviews at your organization or how you wish you could participate. If you are not yet a safety professional, find out if your current organization has safety design reviews or find examples of recent project designs or purchases that you feel would have been made safer through a safety design review process. 200 wds
6) Think about any experiences you had with process improvement methodologies such as lean, Six Sigma, total quality management, or others. What was the focus of the improvement? Was safety part of the process? Based on what you have learned in this unit, could the process have been improved? 200 wds
7) Discuss how you can apply the concepts learned in this course to your current or future career. How might the lessons you have learned positively affect your career success? 200 wds
Congratulations! You have just been promoted. You are now the new Director of Human Resources for the Munster, Indiana Ambulatory Surgery Center. You boss visits you in your new office and sets out his expectations for your first 180 days on the new job.
He is very concerned about shortages in manpower and fears that the Surgery Center will not be able to hire qualified personnel. He makes it very clear that your number 1 priority is for talent acquisition and suggests that you develop a strategic plan for recruitment.
- Discuss how will you proceed?
- What will you do first?
- What research would you conduct?
How will you determine if your plan succeeds?
Identify an emergent global theme, excluding terrorism, which poses as a global security issue.
Research at least five peer-reviewed articles from academic journals, government sources, or research institutions (e.g. Rand) to detail the global issue.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper illustrating a global emergent theme and its impact to national security.(not including references)
Include the following:
- Describe the issue and its importance
- Explain the effects on geopolitics, social unrest, humanitarian response, proliferation, economics, and environmentalism
- Compare the global issue effects on global security and domestic security
- Explain international and domestic implications of the issue
- Provide recommendations for handling the issue
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Need intro and conclusion
15-20 slides + speaker notes of 150–250 words per slide
Task Assignment Part 2: Yearly Summary Report
Use your textbook(s), course materials, and Internet sources to, as a team, prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 15-20 slides that justifies your strategic decisions for Competition Round 1 and implications for the decisions you are making in Competition Round 2. Your team will need to provide a brief executive summary “state of the business” slide, a synopsis of the key decisions for each product, the reasoning leading to the decisions, an assessment of the results of those decisions and implications for the next round.
I have uploaded the one you did last time. Please the slides name Baker, Bed, Bold and Buddy no speaker notes. Slide name Bid have to have speaker notes explaining the reasoning leading to those decisions.
Read Chapter 5 in textbook Shockley-Zalabak, P. S. (2015). Fundamentals of organizational communication (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. ISBN: 9780205980079.
- Read the case study, “I Thought I Gave Them Everything,” starting on page 445 in the textbook. This case study involves interpersonal and intrapersonal communication competencies. Examine and evaluate this communication situation by providing detailed responses to the three discussion questions found at the end of the case study.Examine and evaluate this communication situation. Provides additional examples, theories of motivation and describes connection to communication
- Provide detailed responses to the three discussion questions found at the end of the case study.
Directly reference the theories of motivation you have learned about in this unit, and the 10 work-related evaluation items listed on page 179, “What Do People Really Want?,” of the text to help explain your thoughts, reasoning, and
You are responsible for taking over an organization that does not (yet) have an integrated HR Information System.
- How would you manage the process of implementing an HRIS?
- What would be your first course of action in the implementation process?
- How would you gather the information needed to manage the project?
Select either the topic of blogs, wikis, videos or podcasts, and identify how the chosen tool can be used for communication in the workplace. Include any ethical considerations as part of your discussion. Use information from the week’s assigned material to support your answer, citing and referencing as appropriate.
- Gurak, L. J. & Lannon, J. M. (2016). Strategies for technical communication in the workplace (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Longman. — Chapters 18, 19, and 20
- Must be APA format
- Must be 250-300 words
Talk To US
729 Marcy Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11216
+1 (805) 568 7317