What are some suggestions for reforming the juvenile justice system? Discuss at least three major proposals for improving juvenile justice and why reforming a “broken system” may not work at all. Note the advantages and the disadvantages of each proposal. Which do you favor? Why?
NOTE: The initial post must contain at least 500 words. The response post may be one or more posts for a total of 500 words. Thus, you may compose one response post that is at least 500 words in length, or, you may compose more than one response post, so long as the aggregate total response posts contain more than 500 words.
- Chapters 10 – 15, Burning Down the House, The End of Juvenile Prison. Nell Bernstein
- Pew Center on the States: http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/
- The Center on Juvenile & Criminal Justice: http://www.cjcj.or
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention:http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org
- Chicago Defender Report: Criminal Justice System Unfair to Black Youth: http://www.chicagodefender.com/article-2037-report-criminal-justice-system-unfair-to-black-youth.html