FOR EXCEPTIONAL PROFF ONLY
Unit 1 DB
Building Effective Team
Diversity in Teams
Organizations use different types of teams. Diversity in teams can mean everything from skill sets to ethnicity. Matching the right team structure to the needs of the organization takes understanding of the function of that team structure.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation of future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Respond to the following:
- Explain at least 3 different types of work teams.
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of each one?
- Of the work teams you have chosen, is one type better than the others? Explain why.
Unit 1 IP
Remaining competitive in a global economy frequently means moving from a national to a transnational organization. Developing teams that cross national boundaries is becoming a strategic business need.
Address the issues associated with having a transnational team with members who reside in multiple countries.
Respond to the following questions: (800–1,000 words with a min. 2 scholarly references)
- How would you determine team composition in a multinational team?
- How will you address the diversity of cultures within the team?
- Because the team will operate in a virtual existence, what structure and support will this team need to foster productivity?
- How will you measure the success of the team?
- What are the characteristics you will look for in a leader of this team?
Unit 1 DB
Global Health Macroeconomics
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Library Research Assignment
You are interested in learning more about the health care reform that is occurring in the United States. You want to determine how this relates to international health care. Using the library, Internet, and other resources, conduct research and address the following:
- Explain how macroeconomic factors affect health care costs.
- Find comparative statistics for the U.S. health care system and the Canadian health care system. What is currently the major difference between the U.S. health care system and the Canadian health care system?
- By comparing and analyzing the Canadian and the U.S. health care systems, describe how financing is provided to both national health care systems.
Be sure to support your information by citing at least 2 references using APA format. (2–3 pages)
Unit 1 IP
This course is comprised of a series of Individual Project assignments that will contribute to a Key Assignment submission at the end of the course. The final Key Assignment is due in Week 5.
You are currently working as an administrative assistant for a large metropolitan hospital. You have been asked to prepare an article for the hospital newsletter about international health care. The following are the items you have been asked to include:
- List and explain reasons why the health status of a country plays an important role in its economic status.
- Create a table that shows how the access, quality, and cost of health care are influenced by the low-income, middle-income, and high-income status of an economy.