Prepare your teaching philosophy in two parts.
- Create a one-page list of beliefs that comprise your teaching philosophy. Write statements that address the following:
- Your beliefs about the purpose of education
- Your beliefs about the role of a teacher
- Your beliefs about children that serve as your guiding principles for reaching and teaching every student
- Your beliefs about the ethical responsibilities of a teacher
- Your beliefs how teachers make instructional decisions based on the developmental domains of their individual students
- Your beliefs about your mission to promote positive change as a teacher
- Review your Strengths Finder results and Discussion 1.
- Using the Walden Course Paper template, write a narrative explanation of your teaching philosophy. Include the following points and cite Learning Resources in APA style:
- Summarize your overall teaching philosophy.
- Explain each set of beliefs that make up your teaching philosophy.
- For each set of beliefs, describe specific influences that shape your current thinking.
- Include your Strengths Finder results and describe how these can make you an effective professional educator.
- Cite references presented in the resources that most closely align with your thinking.
- Cite one or more education theorists discussed in the text whose concepts and work have the most influence on your teaching philosophy.
- Explain how you can use your philosophy statement of beliefs as a “living” document for supporting your reflection and self-assessment as a developing teacher professional.
Assignment is a Word document in two parts: 1-page statement of beliefs and 2 pages explaining your teaching philosophy.