Discussion Week 6 2018
Review Case 8 Dr. Pepper Snapple Group 2011: Fighting to Prosper in Highly Competitive Market
“Dr Pepper Snapple Group 2011: Fighting to Prosper in a Highly Competitive Market” Please respond to the following:
· The case study outlines six specific strategies that the firm has chosen to support its strategic direction. Determine which strategy is most likely to benefit the firm. Explain your rationale.
· Briefly outline at least one other strategy the firm could take to support its strategic direction. Illustrate why this new strategy would be successful.
“Legal Structures” Please respond to the following:
· From the first e-Activity, select the legal structure for a business you would like to start. Provide a rationale for your selection.
· Assume that your best friend is starting a business and wants you to invest. Speculate on which legal structure would make you most comfortable as an investor. Support your response.
Week 6 e-Activities
Visit the IRS Website located at http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Business-Structures. Take a note on the IRS view about the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures. Then visit the Small Business Administration’s information page on the advantages of different business structures located at http://www.sba.gov/category/navigation-structure/starting-managing-business/starting-business/establishing-business/business-types. Be prepared to discuss.
“Ben and Jerry as Social Engineers” Please respond to the following:
· From the second e-Activity, evaluate Ben and Jerry’s strategies and efforts to address its ethics and social responsibilities to the environment. Speculate on why many businesses do not follow Ben and Jerry’s example regarding their responsibilities to the environment. Support your answer.
· Companies have conflicting responsibilities to multiple stakeholders. They need to satisfy shareholders, employees, customers, and the community. Analyze the conflict created when managers are paid bonuses that reflect only bottom-line profit. Propose alternative compensation schemes and support your proposition.
Week 6 e-Activities