Need Help with Messages for Business
Title: Messages for Business
The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate your ability to use your chosen medium to write an effective response to a common business scenario.
The paper is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your writing skills by providing your response to a business scenario. You must support your position using appropriate sources that are properly cited using APA formatting.
For each of these scenarios:
1. Choose a medium that you think would work effectively for the given message. More than one medium could work in some cases, so be sure that you support your particular choice.
2. Argue why that medium is the most effective choice. and explain your choice. Your argument should be based on content within the textbook and other appropriate research sources using the Excelsior College Library.
3. Write a brief message response for each scenario.
a. As head of the Human Resources, you’ve been tasked with informing all remaining employees that the organization just laid off 10 percent of its workforce.
b. As the CEO of a small company, explain to employees a new increase in bi-weekly health care costs.
c. As the Director of HR, announce and explain a new summer dress code policy.
d. As a Customer Service Representative, acknowledge receipt of a customer’s claim that your organization has overcharged her or his credit card for an order.
1. Title Page: Include your name. the paper title, course title, instructor’s name, and date.
2. Introduction: Discuss the purpose of the message in succinct, declarative sentences. The introduction should identify the audience for the message and the choice of medium used, and be based upon the concepts studied in the course.
3. Content: Present relevant and legitimate information to support your purpose or argument and display evidence of an in-depth analysis of the topic.
4. Conclusion: This should be a summative paragraph which includes what you learned from rewriting the message.
5. Be 3-5 pages in length (not including the title and the reference pages).
6. References: A minimum of three references must be used to support your discussion. Document all sources according to APAstyle.