HARD CHOICES Hw
Minimum Sources: 8 (excludes class readings)
You have defined the problem you wanted to tackle in your previous assignment. Given your problem definition, examine policy alternatives (minimum two) to address the issue and compare them to the status quo. Explain why and how your policy alternatives would help address the problem. Explain the drawbacks and advantages of maintaining the status quo.
- Explain why you picked your policy alternatives. There are probably several alternatives available to address your chosen problem. Use research, logic and evidence to explain why you made this choice.
- Explain the your chosen alternatives. Federal/state/local legislation? Abrogation of regulation? Where is the money coming from? These are just a sample of the questions you must answer in your document.
- Explain what you will use to compare your alternatives (you will actually perform this assessment in your next assignment).
- Do not pick policy alternatives just because they sound good or just because they fit your beliefs.
- Do not underestimate the potential side effects and trade offs of policy change.
- Do not stray away from your problem definition: pick policy alternatives that address the problem you have identified.
- Do not select your ‘best’ alternative yet: this is the topic of your next assignment.
Text: you are free to choose your font, spacing and other features of formatting. Your only constraint is a one-inch margin minimum throughout your document.
Bibliography: you are free to choose whichever bibliographic format you prefer (APA, MLA, etc.) as long as you include all the relevant information. That includes author, year, title, source, web link (when applicable). .