· How the Environment Influences Health
By the due date assigned, respond to the discussion question and submit your response to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.
Respond to the question using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading. Support your answer with examples and research. Your response should clarify your understanding of the topic. It should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
Select two social, cultural, and environmental theories. Compare and contrast the two theories. Explain how each theory works to include its benefits and challenges. Describe a public health issue that could be addressed by each theory. (Note: This list of theories mentioned in the text and lectures is not exhaustive. There are other theories outside of what was mentioned). For the theories you have identified:
· Define each theory to include a brief overview of the history.
· Explain how each theory works by using a public health issue as an example.
· Discuss the benefits and challenges of using each theory.
· Compare and contrast the theories.
· Comment on the postings of at least two peers
· Identified two theories and described each theory.
· Provided examples of how each theory works, using a public health issue.
· Explained the benefits and challenges of using each theory.
· Compared and contrasted the two theories.
· Justified answers with appropriate research and reasoning by using appropriate examples and current references from textbooks, the South University Online Library, and other acceptable references—citing the sources in APA format.
· Commented on the postings of at least two peers by providing background to support asking questions, providing a point of view with rationale, challenging a point of discussion, or making a relationship between two or more points.