Data Collection Methods (Read Carefully)
- Survey research (asking questions)
- Field research (making observations)
- Existing Data ( Secondary Analysis)
- Combination of methods (referred to as triangulation)
Using the four data collection method options above, complete the following for each of the scenarios below:
- Identify and describe the one best method to collect information for the scenarios (choices cannot be used more than once), and
- Justify your reasoning for selecting this data collection method by evaluating the method and why it is the best choice out of the other four.
Scenario 1: Describe police officer perceptions on the effectiveness of wearing body cameras.
Scenario 2: Conduct a hot-spot analysis on 911 calls for domestic violence.
Scenario 3: Describe the prevalence of stalking in a small Midwest city.
Scenario 4: Describe the nature and scope of prostitution at truck stops along I-95.
Use at least four credible outside research sources, including academic journals, to support your view. The paper should be 4–5 pages, excluding cover page and references page.
USE ONLY ACADEMIC SOURCES: Use Google Scholar, JSTOR, textbooks, and/or .gov websites to keep the true academic sources in your papers. TURNITIN MUST BE UNDER 20%