Please review the scenario below from an appellate court case highlighting issues concerning the roles of the various participants (prosecution, defense attorney, judge, or jury) in the criminal court process.
Click here to view the scenario.
THE DELIVERABLE LENGTH FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IS 1,500-2,000 WORDS
Based on what you have learned in this class, respond to the following questions:
- Did the prosecutor and defense attorney comply with their duties and responsibilities, as well as ethics, in this case? Why or why not?
- Are there issues that Tommy could raise on appeal? What is the likelihood of success?
- Did the judge breach any of his responsibilities? What should he have done or not done in handling this case?
- Cite a minimum of 2 examples that you have found in your research that identify concerns with juvenile prosecutions as adults.
- Cite a minimum of 4 library resources and journals to support your conclusions in this case.
- Discuss why you chose these resources to study this case and why you believe they adequately display the function of the court.
- For each resource listed, indicate the stage of the criminal court process that is illustrated as well as the criminal court process participants and their roles as outlined in these resources.