Assignment 2: Global Strategy Analysis—Choice Of Country/Region To Internationalize Operations
- Utilizing sources used for RA1, as well as other reputable and relevant sources, create a comparison chart regarding all the choices of countries/regions following the instructions below:
A. First, determine what factors you will use to rate each country/region, depending on the operations you chose to expand.
- Consider areas such as attractiveness, strategic importance in the global marketplace, target markets, and possible synergies with current operations.
- For each one of these areas, some factors should be identified in order to allow for a better assessment of all countries/regions under consideration.
Attractiveness: Size of Market, Growth rate of market, Labor costs, Barriers to entry, Competitive situation, Political/social risks, etc. Importance in the global market place: Important source of industry innovation, Home market of global customers and/or competitors, Home of most demanding customers, Home of big number of potential customers, etc. Possible synergies with current operations: Activities shared with other business from the same company
Local partners that would share operations, Proximity to other current or targeted markets.
B. List all countries/regions along with rating factors. Assign each factor a weight, according to its importance leading up to the final decision. All weights should add up 100%.
C. You should grade each country/region under consideration on each factor, using a scale of 0 to 5.
D. The score for each factor should be multiplied by its corresponding weight. Add the partial for each country/region.
- Explain how you assessed the data by creating a comparison chart.
- Present your final decision for which country/region is the choice for your company to expand its operations.
- Provide a rationale for your decision, reinforcing it with evidence from scholarly sources.
For this assignment, prepare a 3–4-page report and use a minimum of 3 different scholarly sources to reinforce your conclusions. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and APA format.
Please make sure work must be original and NO matching will be accepted at all.