1st, Reply to 2 discussions.
2nd, Review any replies to my discussion post and Review my paper to make sure I incorporate responses (if necessary) and Review my paper to make sure all of the follow is included.
In your paper,
- Expand upon your prewriting from the discussion forums (if applicable) by providing specific details about the essay you selected and the topic that it explores.
- Show the steps of the writing process by developing the Week 2 Outline into a workable rough draft.
- Compose a clear argument in response to the selected essay. Support your response with examples and at least one quote and one paraphrase (a total of two citations) from the essay you selected.
- State specific details about the reading you selected, the topic that it explores, and your critical response to that topic.
- Utilize appropriate academic writing tone, style, and citation format as well as correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Organize the essay with an introduction, a thesis, support paragraphs, and a conclusion.
The Critical Response Essay – Rough Draft
- Must be at least 3 properly formatted pages in length or 750 words (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of draft
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include a clear thesis statement. For more information about writing thesis statements, visit the Ashford Writing Centerand review Chapters 4 and 5 of Essentials of College Writing.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least 1 scholarly source in addition to the course text. Scholarly source should be found in the Ashford Library.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.