Due Week 7 and worth 120 points
Organizations and IT Professionals must adhere to compliance and governance regulations. Three regulations of note are HIPAA, PCI, and SOX compliance. HIPAA is used in Healthcare. PCI is used in credit card transactions. SOX is used in public organizations for data integrity. Auditing is part of adherence to these regulations. For this assignment, you will choose one organization that you are familiar with. Then, you will choose the regulation associated with that business.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe the organization that you chose. Identify which regulation you would associate with that organization. Explain the purpose of the regulation for that business.
- Identify the requirements for the organization in order to be compliant. Outline the penalty for non-compliance.
- Explain how the regulation affects the work of the IT professional in that business.Assess the role of auditing in IT in order to be compliant.
- Use at least four (4) quality references in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality references.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze common Website attacks, weaknesses, and security best practices.Compare and contrast Web-based risks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in securing Web-based applications.
- Write clearly and concisely about Web application security topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.