Your workplace has recently experienced issues regarding effective listening. Some employees are not “hearing” what is being communicated by upper management. This is evident in the way projects are being turned in without all tasks completed.
In response, your manager has asked you to provide your coworkers with information to help them boost their listening skills.
Create a 10- to 15-slide presentation that answers the following questions:
- Why is listening important?
- Why is listening important in the workplace?
- What is active listening?
- How does one show he or she is an active listener?
- What are some effective listening strategies?
- What are some barriers to effective listening?
- How might you overcome these barriers?
Include a title slide, introduction slide, agenda slide and conclusion slide.
Use bullet points on the slides (no more than six bullets per slide and no more than six words per bullet)
Use graphics or images on the slides (cite the source of the graphic or image on the slide and include complete reference on the reference slide)
Include exactly what you would say about the slide in the speaker notes section of the slide
Note: Review p. 461 of Ch. 14 of Excellence in Business Communication for extra tips.
Submit both parts of your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.