View the Assignment 3 Overview to gain an understanding of the overall assignment requirements (Assignment 3.1 and 3.2), available topics for this assignment, and grading criteria.
To complete this assignment (Assignment 3.1):
- Download the Assignment 3 Microsoft Word Template to complete your speech outline.
- Submit the completed Microsoft Word Template in the Blackboard submission area for this assignment.
Persuasive Speech Outline
- Select either Topic A or Topic B for your persuasive speech.
- Topic A: Should Children Under the Age of 10 Own Cell Phones?Deliver a speech on question of value.
- Topic B: Should Self-Driving Cars Be Legal?Deliver a speech on question of policy.
- Create an outline or speaking notes in Microsoft Word.
- Download the Microsoft Word template in the “Assignment 3.1” section located in Week 6 of your course. o Develop a specific purpose, central idea, and several main points so you’ll stay within the 4-minute time limit.
- You must use at least two quality resources.
- Submit the completed Microsoft Word template in Blackboard (this is separate from your speech/self-review).
View the Assignment 3 Overview to gain an understanding of the overall assignment requirements (Assignment 3.1 and 3.2) and grading criteria.
To complete this assignment (Assignment 3.2), click the “Week 7 – Assignment 3.2” link above. Then complete the following:
- Record or upload your speech (Video Recording)
- Complete the self review (Written Review)
Persuasive Speech and Self-Review
- Part 1: Record or upload your speech.
- Refer to your outline or speaking notes to deliver your speech. Do not read your notes word for word.
- Follow the technical instructions for recording your video in the “Assignment
- Remember to watch your recording. Do you want to submit it, or do you want to record another version?
- Part 2: Complete the self-review questions.
- After you have recorded your speech, address the self-review questions in the
3.2” section located in Week 7 of your course.
“Assignment 3.2” section located in Week 7 of your course. This reflection helps you step back and take a second look at your work, with an eye on improvement and highlighting your achievements!
SAMPLE OF Persuasive Speech